Monday, February 17, 2014

Doors

I'm a point and shoot kinda guy; well, in terms of subject matter. Adjusting camera elements and image composition is something I always do, but my subject doesn't usually concern me - I've got some rad shots of nothing at all. For these challenges, I'm having to think about what I shoot, which is something I don't normally do. 

My background is nature and landscape photography, so very rarely am I aiming at people (or dogs in this weeks case). 

I didn't get as literal as a door this time, but I thought that framing Annabelle through one of our side tables gave the illusion of crossing a threshold into her space. 

That was my justification for this "door".


I hope the strong framed silhouettes not only lead your eye to her, but they make a distinct threshold that separates the two of you. This is the "doorway" I tried to create.


Second image is more of a context thing, getting a feel for the side table I shot through.

Love,
-Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment